Why it Pays to Use a Staffing Firm
When itís time to look for a new job you have a several choices. The most common being a search through online listings and submitting a resume or visiting multiple businesses to apply. Both can be effective but also have the potential to result in a lot of hurry up and wait. Plus, depending on the number of applications submitted, you may or may not know if your resume or application even received a passing look.
Weíre happy to say, there really is a better way to find a job and thatís working with a staffing firm to locate a position thatís more than just a job. Staffing firms or what is commonly referred to as employment firms work with different companies fill a variety of employment opportunities. The advantage of working with a staffing firm is that they already know of businesses that are hiring, the positions needed and the type of individual they are looking for to fill the job. Think of it as a more-efficient way to find the right position for you.
What to Look For
One of the unique aspects of working with a staffing agency is the process begins with taking the time to know you as an individual and getting an idea of your skill sets. This personal approach allows the focus to be on the person first rather than trying to fill a list of required skills.
Of course, not all staffing agencies at alike. Working with the experts at Staffing Kansas City, hereís what you can expect.
- The process begins with a brief telephone call between you and a recruiter to determine if Staffing Kansas City is the best fit for your job search. During this, we are respectful of your time and donít want to waste it if we canít be of assistance in providing an employment opportunity.
- Next, weíll ask you to submit your resume and complete our online application. Fill it out in its entirety please!
- After the necessary paperwork, itís time for a face-to-face interview with a recruiter. Punctuality and professionalism is a must because we are beginning to think about who might be a good match for jobs.
- Now itís time for coaching and feedback with interview and resume tips/changes Ė remember we are here to help you find the right fit.
- Weíll also do a skill test to insure the job requirements are in line with your skills.
- Finally, good communication is key. We canít help you if we donít know what youíre looking for. Again, we are here to help you find the best job possible!
The beautiful thing about working with Staffing Kansas City is that in many cases we will have multiple opportunities to discuss with you. Be open to hearing about them. Recruiters can often be the mirror in which you see yourself and hidden potential.
Stay tuned, next week weíll be discussing what to expect in the interview!
This article is brought to you by Staffing Kansas City, a full-service Kansas City employment agency that provides contract-to-hire, direct hire and contract employment placement services.